This Privacy Notice sets out how BZU BZU eStore (hereinafter referred to as “BZU BZU”, “we” or “us”), will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
What This Privacy Notice Explains
This Privacy Notice explains:
- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- Access to and correction of your personal information
- Online dealings with us
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not cover personal information collected or held by us about our employees and is to be read subject to any overriding provision of law or contract.
Our Commitment to You
We value the trust of our customers and are committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that your personal information is used only for the purposes stated herein.
You have the choice at any time, not to provide your personal information or to revoke your consent to BZU BZU from processing your personal information. However, failure to provide such personal information or revocation of your consent to process the personal information provided may result in BZU BZU being unable to provide you with effective and continuous products and services.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information, which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information, which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc.
What Kind of Personal Information We Collect
In order for us to operate in an efficient and effective manner and provide you with the best service possible, we may collect personal information from you which may include contact information about you, including but not limited to name, address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es) and other relevant contact information, identification details, transaction information, any information necessary to fulfill purchase of goods, information you provide us regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers.
The personal information we collect can either be obligatory or voluntary. Obligatory personal information is those that we require to provide you with our products. If you don’t provide us with the obligatory personal information, we would not be able to provide you with our products. Voluntary personal information is that information which are not mandatory for us to provide you with our products. If you do not provide us with the voluntary personal information, you can still purchase our products.
We do not receive or store any credit card information. This information is taken and processed on our behalf by our payment provider RAZER who will validate the credit for authorization and payment.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- fill up our registration form online
- subscribe to one of our publications (for example, newsletters and brochures)
- fill up enquiry and feedback forms online
- fill up any of our questionnaires
- make payment for goods
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you to be utilized for one or more of the following purposes:
- to process and confirm your order
- to pass on to the delivery company in order to deliver the products to you
- for identification and verification purposes
- for operational and administrative purposes
- to provide customer support and services
- to manage and develop our business and operations
- for insurance purposes
- to understand your needs and purposes
- to facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including contest promotions or campaigns
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- to send you information on products and services, special promotional offers, newsletters; and/or customer survey forms and questionnaires
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our products and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to BZU BZU.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your relevant personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us. We take reasonable steps to make sure that our agreements with service providers include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the email address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. We will abide by your latest written instructions to us.
What If Personal Information Provided by You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in registration forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your order of our products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your order or provide you with our products.
Your Rights to Access and Correct/Delete Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us in writing by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In respect of the Personal Data which you have submitted to us, you have the right at any time to:
- Request for access to your Personal Data in our records;
- Request to make correction of your Personal Data in our records in the event the information is inaccurate, misleading, out-of-date or incomplete upon validation and verification of the new information provided;
- Request to cease processing your Personal Data for the purposes of marketing;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data, request to restrict or limit processing of your Personal Data, or request portability of your Personal Data; and
- Withdraw your consent for us to continue processing your Personal Data
In respect of requests for access to or to make correction of your Personal Data in our records, or to cease processing your Personal Data for the purposes of marketing, such requests must be made in writing and supported with submission of the relevant documents as required by us in person from time to time to the address set out in the Contact Us section below. We will only make appropriate corrections based on the updated information provided by you. When requested and if it is practical, we will delete identifying information from our current operation systems. Your request may also be subject to payment of a fee in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
You may request for deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request. However, kindly note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain period time, in which case, we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention and detection or similar purposes.
Links to Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to our Website and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our Website. To determine how these third party websites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram) deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between 9.00am to 5.00pm – Monday to Friday) at the following contact points: